Be smart. Think open source.
What is SUSE CAP
- SUSE Cloud Application Plattform
- Cloud Foundry on SUSE CaasP or native K8s
- installed and configured via Helm Charts
- PaaS for applications
- Code deployment
- specifically for stateless/12f apps
What SUSE CAP is not
- Hosting of self built Containers
- standalone Cloud Foundry on VMs
- Hosting of databases
For what is it useful?
- Easy deployment of applications for devs
- Deployment from source code using buildpacks
- Kinda like Heroku
How to install it?
- Using Helm Charts created by SUSE
- Deployment of Cloud Foundry and UAA server are independent charts
- Optional deployment of Stratos UI for Cloud Foundry management
How to interact with it?
- Through Stratos UI
- Through Cloud Foundry CLI
- Doc: https://www.suse.com/documentation
- edit scf-config-values.yaml
- Chart Repo: kubernetes-charts.suse.com
- UAA Chart: suse/uaa
- Cloud Foundry Chart: suse/cf
- Stratos Chart: suse/console